Sunday, September 28, 2008

Surprise Visitor



This is something that would most definitely not happen in Boise.

I had just put Camilla in her swing and noticed a "stain" behind the couch next to her swing.

It looked like coffee, or something like that. But, as I got closer, I realized that it was the webbed foot (or hand) of a small creature.

Jacob was quietly sitting down watching some cartoons, so I decided not to tell him about it until I saw what it was. It was a gecko! I ran to the kitchen and got a small tupper ware container to catch it in (I thought Jacob would just love it!). So there I am, on all fours chasing that little sucker under the couch (they sure do move fast). Of course by then Jacob is cheering me on from the couch, squealing like crazy "catch it momma, catch it!" Camilla is in her swing giggling at the madness going on.

We got the little friend and went online to make sure it was a gecko and not some scary, poisonous thing. But just to super make sure, we went downstairs to one of our friends apartment and asked her about it. She was excited for Jacob because here they say that if you find one in your home it is "good luck". I'm not to sure about that, especially if you happen to find it in your sheets. Yikes!!!! She said that it was a baby one because they get pretty big and this one was small. She asked that if we planned on keeping it as a pet for Jacob, to keep in mind that they are very noisy at night (and trust me, they are. We hear them every night).

Anyways, Jacob looked at it for a little while and decided that it was too scary and that it might be missing his family, so we let it go out on the grass.

He could not wait to tell daddy when he came home from work. I on the other hand was concerned of what other "things" could creep into our little apartment. You see, our main door has quite the nice size opening at the bottom, where I think this friend came in through.

Justin of course thought it was cool and told me that it was cute compared to what one of his co-workers found in his home: a boa!!!!!

So for now, I make sure to put a nice, BIG towel under the door at night, "just in case".

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Wow!! I love reading about your adventures and I can just hear your voice, laughing along with you! What a cool pet!

La Mama said...

As you would say 'too funny'! Thanks for the great laugh :)